Risa Johnson has more than 30 years of experience teaching special education, art, and resource room as part of the NYC school system. Since retiring, Risa has continued to devote her time to helping students learn effective study techniques, achieve academic goals, and build confidence in their abilities to succeed with both short and long-term educational goals. She offers tutoring in her home office located in South Slope, Brooklyn.
Learn About the Benefits of Tutoring
* General and Special Ed, for Pre-K to
6th grade students.
* Math, Writing, Reading, ELA, and
* Test Prep: NYS ELA/Math grades 3-5.
* Wilson/Fundations Reading & Language Program.
* Singapore and Common Core math.
* Private and group art instruction for children
and adults. Learn About Tutoring Services
* High school and college art portfolio
development. See sample portfolios
* NYC Licensed in Art Education K-8 (M.A.) and Special Ed. K-12 (M.S.)
* 31 years teaching Art, Resource Room, and
Special Ed. in the NYC public schools.
* Trained in Wilson and Fundations Language
* Experience with Special Ed. and children with
* Listed in Park Slope Parents Recommendations
Rates and Policy Information
One on one tutoring : $80/office visit
Tandem tutoring (bring a friend!) and
group rates available.